What is Fed
Fed consits of
- a PostgreSQL Relational Database
It allows to manage (see more with Fed Web Architecture)
- Datafiles can be uploaded in Galleries of documents
- or fully integrated in the Relational Database
- Thematics (or Projects)
- corresponding to one or several workpackages
- transversal to the whole database
- The Galleries are organized as a hierachical tree of Galleries, each Gallery contains Datafiles and other Galleries.
- a Datafile is a file which was uploaded by a member.
- a Datafile has an owner.
- It can be referenced in several galleries.
- it has a visibility group called Grog which allows to define access rights
- a Grog is a group of groups, and people.
The people can upload their Datafiles in a Gallery. These data are then especially processed to be integrated in the Relational Database.
Advantages of Fed
- A unique common set of PHP programs controls all Fed instances.
- These programs are developped and maintained by Guillaume and Raymond.
- A copy of them can be used on a distant computer.
- Each Fed instance has its own private look and feel and relational database as well as specific programs.
- The web site and pecific programs can also work without Fed
Several Feds can be federated
One interesting point is that several 'independant' Fed can be federated.
- only the people are known everywhere
- groups of people are defined independently in each Fed.
This can be easily done if the creation of new users is centralized on the unique FedLord. The information concerning the new user is then transferred to the local Fed especially the Pk which has to be the unique Id of the user.
Projects federated with Fed
- EVI-Genoret Database
- RetinoBase the transcriptomic database
- GenoretGenes (very soon)
- DBGS Département de Biologie et Génomique Structurales
- Gx the website of GxDb the Gene eXpression DataBase
- IdV the Genoret database like website for the Institut de la Vision in Paris
- ImAnnoWeb the self consistant website for ImAnno
Guillaume a pu automatiser quelques étapes de l'installation.
voir dans phpWebGB/wizard
Et voici quelques outils que Raymond a rajoutés depuis
CheckTsearch : Mise en oeuvre de tsearch pour une base de données postgresql
Il suffit de lancer (il est dans le menu WebTools/WebSite). Voir CheckTsearch car il y a quelques détails à préciser.
En gros on affiche toutes les tables avec toutes leurs colonnes et on demande lesquelles doivent être sous tsearch. La colonne idxfti est créée si nécessaire.