Want to be notified of AnnotSV news?
Sign up for a low-volume announcement mailing list:
You can subscribe to the AnnotSV Announcement Mailing List if you want to be notified by email whenever a new release of AnnotSV becomes available.
To subscribe, send an email to email@example.com with the subject line "AnnotSV SUBSCRIBE". Please, give your full name, your institution/organization and your country in the body. You'll get an email back right away confirming that you've been subscribed to the AnnotSV Announcement Mailing List.
To unsubscribe, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "AnnotSV UNSUBSCRIBE". You'll receive an email confirming that you've been unsubscribed from the AnnotSV Announcement Mailing List.
The list is for announcements only -- you cannot post to it.
July 30, 2020: AnnotSV version 2.4 is posted.
- Update of the annotations sources (see the corresponding README section)
- Add of the COSMIC SV dataset (Cancer)
- AnnotSV now reports either RefSeq or Ensembl gene transcripts. Use the new "-tx" option to report either NM or ENST transcripts
- The "NM" column has been renamed "tx"
- The "RefGene" directory has been renamed "Genes"
- Can be disabled in the AnnotSV configfile
- Integration of 4 Tcl packages (http/tar/csv/json) in the AnnotSV distribution
- Use of the “bcftools” toolset (Li, 2011) to fix a bug with multiallelic sites from VCF input file(s)
- bcftools is now required if using VCF input file(s)
- "1000g_AF" and "1000g_max_AF" features are not reported anymore
- Add bugfix concerning the CDS length and tx length calculation
- Add bugfix concerning annotation of 2 SV with the same coordinates but from different types (DEL, DUP...)
- Add bugfix with gzipped VCF files as input
- Add bugfix concerning the running of bash scripts (illegal use of | or |& in command)
- Add bugfix concerning the use of the "-snvIndelFiles" and "-candidateSnvIndelSamples" options
- Add bugfix to the Exomiser module
- Add bugfix concerning the AnnotSV installation when PREFIX is not the current directory
- Add bugfix concerning the use of a big "candidateGenesFile"
Dec 20, 2019: AnnotSV version 2.3 is posted.
- Include phenotype-driven annotations (HPO), based on Exomiser (Smedley et al., 2015)
- Include the lift-over GRCh38 gnomAD SV frequency annotation
- Include the "-annotationsDir" option to pass the annotations directory to AnnotSV at run time
- New "AnnotSV ID" settings (to ensure unique SV identifiers)
- Deletion filtering improvement
- Integration of the gnomAD frequency data in the ranking
- AnnotSV can now create two other output files:
- A report of unannotated variants (e.g. badly formatted SV, variant length < SVminSize...)
- A report of the decisions that explain the ranking of each SV
- vcfFiles >> snvIndelFiles
- vcfPASS >> snvIndelPASS
- vcfSamples >> snvIndelSamples)
- filteredVCFfiles >> candidateSnvIndelFiles
- filteredVCFsamples >> candidateSnvIndelSamples
- AnnotSV executable is now directly located in $ANNOTSV/bin to respect the FHS
- Add bugfix concerning the management of BED files
- Add bugfix for the report of the compound heterozygosity (1 SV + 1 SNV/indel)
- Add bugfix concerning the -candidateGenesFiltering option
- Add bugfix concerning the DGV metrics
- Add bugfix concerning the use of the "-sort" Linux command (whose behavior is OS dependant)
- Add bugfix concerning the use of "external gene annotation files"
- Add bugfix concerning the -txFile option
July 23, 2019: AnnotSV now has a dedicated profile on Twitter.
Follow AnnotSV and stay tuned with the latest news on developments (@AnnotSv)
July 9, 2019: AnnotSV code is hosted on GitHub.
July 09, 2019: AnnotSV version 2.2 is posted.
- AnnotSV follows now the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard (FHS). Installation can be easily done using a Makefile
- Include 2 new options:
- "-candidateGenesFiltering" to select the SV overlapping a gene from the "candidateGenesFile" (default = no)
- "-rankFiltering" to select the SV of a user-defined specific class (from 1 to 5), default = "1-5"
- AnnotSV is now available for the Mouse genome SV annotations
- Add the UTR/CDS's information from overlapping genes (location2 column)
- Add bugfix concerning the use of the "-candidateGenesFile" and "-reciprocal" options
- Add bugfix concerning the report of the SV length
- Add bugfix concerning the report of gene-based annotation on the full lines
Apr 18, 2019: AnnotSV version 2.1 is posted.
- Include the gnomAD SV frequency annotation
- Include the Ira M. Hall’s lab SV frequency annotations
- Include GeneHancer annotation (an integrated compendium of human promoters, enhancers and their inferred target genes)
WARNING: not supplied as part of the AnnotSV sources. Users need to request the up-to-date GeneHancer data dedicated to AnnotSV
- Include 2 new options:
- "-overwrite" to overwrite existing output results (default = yes)
- "-txFile" to specify a list of preferred genes transcripts to be used during the annotation
- Large bed annotation files are presorted, in order to be compatible for server with low specifications
- Improve error messages and exit management (return a non-zero exit code in case of error or zero if all went fine)
- AnnotSV minimum requirement is now starting with Tcl 8.5
- Add bugfix concerning the homozygous and heterozygous SNV/indel counts within the SV to annotate
- Add bugfix for the SV ranking (when the -metrics option was set to "fr")
- Add bugfix concerning the "-reciprocal" option
Dec 21, 2018: AnnotSV version 2.0 is posted.
- Add ranking/classification for SV in 5 classes (from benign to pathogenic)
- Include 12 additional annotations including:
- the creation of a unique identifier for each SV
- the SV length
- the SV type (DEL, DUP, ...)
- the SV ranking/classification
- the OMIM morbid genes
- the ClinGen Haploinsufficiency Score
- the ClinGen Triplosensitivity Score
- the ACMG genes
- the CNV intolerance from ExAC
- Add bugfix concerning empty SV input file: return a non-zero exit status (1) to continue processing in a pipeline
- Modification of the directories structure for the annotation. Please look at the README file.
- Options: "SVfromDBoverlap", "FeaturesOverlap" and "SVtoAnnOverlap" have been replaced by "reciprocal" and "overlap"
- By default, AnnotSV now reports the additional fields from the SV BED input file
- Report of the input BED file header in the output
- Update of all annotation sources provided with AnnotSV
Oct 09, 2018: AnnotSV version 1.2 is posted.
- Support the integration of user defined annotated regions imported from BED and/or TSV file(s) into the output file
- Include 3 additional output annotations columns based on the dbVar pathogenic NR SV dataset:
- The dbVar NR SV event types (e.g. deletion, duplication…)
- The dbVar NR SV accession (e.g. nssv1415016)
- The dbVar NR SV clinical assertion (e.g. pathogenic, likely pathogenic)
- OutputFile extension will always be a “.tsv” (tab separated values) extension
- Add bugfix concerning large SV and TAD boundaries annotation
May 16, 2018: AnnotSV version 1.1.1 is posted.
- Add bugfix concerning 1000g annotation (in some cases, an insertion could be not reported and AnnotSV would stop functioning properly)
Apr 11, 2018: Manuscript accepted for publication at Bioinformatics
Geoffroy V., Herenger Y., Kress A., Stoetzel C., Piton A., Dollfus H. and Muller J., AnnotSV: An integrated tool for Structural Variations annotation. Bioinformatics, 2018
Mar 20, 2018: AnnotSV version 1.1 is posted.
- Add bugfix concerning counts of the homozygous and heterozygous variants in VCF files
- Support for new SV input file format: VCF file (4.3) can now be used to describe the SV to annotate (in addition to the BED format)
The "-bedFile" option has now been renamed "-SVinputFile"
The "-bedInfo" option has now been renamed "-SVinputInfo". Default is now set to 0 (the additional fields from the SV input fi le are not reported in the outputfile)
- Report additional information while counting variants in the SNV/indel input file(s):
- The number of SNV/indel loaded
- The number of SNV/indel not considered because of the “FILTER” column value
- The number of SNV/indel not considered because of the absence of genotype information (“GT” value can be absent in bad VCF formatted files)
- The number of SV present but not considered for that purpose (only SNV/indel are taken into account)
- Include 2 new options (-outputDir and -outputFile) to specify the output directory and file name
- Include 3 additional output annotations columns based on the 1000 genomes phase 3 dataset:
- The type of event (i.e. DEL, ALU, DUP,
- The global allele frequency
- The maximum observed allele frequency across populations
Dec 21, 2017: AnnotSV version 1.0 is posted.